Sweet {Southern} Sixteen

Well as much as we tried to put it off - our sweet girl celebrated Sixteen Sweet Years!


She brings us so much joy and is truly a shining light in our world.



We wanted to celebrate her in style, Southern Style, that is!




I think I began planning this special party shortly after the Drivers License shock wore off. I love to plan a party for my kids!


This is the first event we've had in the new shed and even though it's not entirely in a finished state we made it work. I must say that we have the most amazing contractor, but my husband allowing me to continue all my projects is more amazing!


The party plan:

These were my notes - pallets, wire spool tables, deer horns, burlap, babies breath, white & gold, glitter, picture collage, cotton, string lights, sparklers . . . and a DJ of course.


Brittany only requested specific desserts (she doesn't get that from me) like knock off Starbucks cake pops and cheesecake made by Mema.

(well  . . . . they tasted good enough!) 

(these were the favorite!)



She's a Southern Girl to the core - hunting, farming, soccer & basketball, and a major Netflix addiction are her hobbies.





Prepare for photo overload



What's a Southern shin dig without cotton decor?!



 Burlap curtains were hung to allow the double doors to be left open for a flow from the shed to the fire pit outside. 

 That extra large (extra heavy) pallet anchored the focal point I was going for. As much help I had from my closest friends, Brittany herself, and my dear sweet sister with getting all my ideas from paper to real life . . . I ended up hanging that beast at 1:00 am the week of the party all alone. I wrapped it in chicken wire to give it more dimension and I think besides the cotton and gold and glitter it was my favorite element!

 Photos are always a must with me. Along with this my Mom made a photo album of more pictures that wouldn't fit on this "16". 

 I may have embarrassed her a little by the happy birthday ordeal but THE SPARKLERS!!!




I hope she and her friends enjoyed it as much as I did planning. Now I must rest up for soccer season!


OH - In unrelated party news

These two beauties were finished just in time for the party!


 Lucked up and found this old farm sink that our marvelous contractor made a free standing frame for and hooked up, then I added the burlap skirt. I love the character that the rust gives. 


And this little bathroom packs a big punch. I secretly wish these tongue and groove walls were in our home along with the sink, faucet, and the mason jar soap dispenser too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Almost ....

Welcome to the family, Camden!

A day in the life: Cotton Planting